The European Youth Card is your security all over the world. You are automatically covered by Europ-Assistance travel insurance for a period equal to the validity of your European Youth Card.
Some excerpts from the Carte Jeunes Européenne – Europ Assistance insurance agreement in the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg:
- after hospitalization following a traffic accident, your return home and the transportation of your bicycle or moped
- a travel information service (pre-departure information, travel conditions, vaccinations, etc.)
- a leisure information service (culture, sports, clubs, restaurants)
Abroad, in case of illness or accident, the insurance offers :
- medical repatriation and medical transport
- the return of an accompaniment holder of the European Youth Card
- covering of the cost of a family member’s travel to your bedside abroad
- advance payment of medical and hospitalization expenses abroad
- coverage of the cost of adequate housing for medical reasons
- repatriation in the event of the death of a relative in Luxembourg
- a cash advance up to a maximum of 2500 euros in case of theft or loss of money abroad
- luggage assistance in case of theft or loss
- the transmission of urgent messages from abroad to the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg.
To benefit from the services in case of an accident abroad, you must notify Europ Assistance in Brussels. You can find the number here.
For more information https://www.europ-assistance.lu/fr.